This article follows our first blog post related to deployment on Kubernetes. It is a step-by-step guide explaining how to deploy the InfluxDb/Telegraf/Grafana stack.
More importantly we will se:
- How to map a configuration file using a ConfigMap resource?
- How to map sensitive environment variables using the Secrets object?
- How to use Kompose to generate declarative K8S configuration?
- how to mount a data volume with a PersistentVolumeClaim?
- As well as several other tips like connecting to a running Pod, displaying logs or cross container communication using kube-dns.
Here again we rely on declarative configuration of K8s to install the InfluxDB/Grafana stack. It's the easiest way to do since there are many configuration objects to create.